Sunday, September 02, 2007

Submissions still needed for Lone Star Ma #10!

We still need some! The deadline for submissions is September 15th!

Submissions should be e-mailed (body of the e-mail) to mariah@lonestarma.com.

For features, I am looking for essays on the mothering life and advocacy pieces on family and children's issues. Things with a Texas emphasis are always best, but the universal is also fine. I still need:

1-2 feature articles

Maybe 1 mama-poem

1 mama fiction story

Yellow Rose Reviews: a review of a great, out-of-the-mainstream baby/children's book, toy, etc.

Longhorn Lactation: a breastfeeding advocacy piece

Thanks! More information is available under submissions at www.LoneStarMa.com.

2 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

I've got nothing! I feel like I've let you down, but I'm really lacking in the Texas-mama prose. You're free to reprint my "Bawdy Language" poem about breasts and thighs, but I have a feeling it's not quite what you're looking for.

Lone Star Ma said...

Thanks for caring, but you certanly haven't let me down! You just had an essay (and a recipe!) in the last issue! You rock!

I am sort of at my wit's end about this so-not-starting mamafiction section, though. Literary Mama and Brain, Child just TEEM with excellent mama-fiction, but no one sends me any! I get submissions for all the other stuff but never this, except for a couple that really weren't appropriate (I don't mean that they were too erotic - I like that idea; they just weren't fiction about mothers). I'm not clear on why this is harder to get than other content...